Monday, May 4, 2009

I Want God To Move His Furniture

I have to admit I like the feeling of getting up early. I have extra time to do things like blog and also eat breakfast (first things first). What I do not care for is the actual waking up part. Therefore the only reason I am in such a laid back state today is I just randomly woke up.
They have been calling for rain and storms for two days now. I wish it would storm especially. I don't enjoy damaging winds and flash flooding mind you, but for some reason thunder makes me feel closer to God. It's like He is putting on a show just for me. More importantly, it causes me stop what I'm doing and listen to what He is saying. When I was little and I was afraid of thunder my mom told me it was just God moving His furniture. In some ways, I still see it that way now. To some it may feel like the sky is falling, but thats just the feeling I want. To feel that God has lowered the ceiling in this room we call Earth so that we could better hear what is going on upstairs.

No comments: