Monday, May 26, 2008

Vacation...of the Mind

Vacation offers a lot of free time. That is the point after all. Time away from life and worries. I must say the change in altitude has cleared my head. I wasn't over taken with anxiety or anything, but as my last blog addressed, I was holding onto some things that I shouldn't be. Today through random circumstances I slipped back into those thoughts temporarily, but through some more random encounters I have been reminded why I need to get away from those. Those feelings are holding me back. The hardest part is that these feelings are not just about some random event from the past or some past residence. The feelings I am struggling with are for someone. Someone who I thought may just be THE one for a while. I am slowly...painfully...realizing that was not the case. He will continue to be a close friend, but there are more and more doors opening for me in other areas of my life. Maybe some day in the [kind of] distant future I will come back to the place I am in to face a man who has accepted God's help and become the man of my dreams.
This week of rest is opening my eyes to what can be in the near future. My best friend is going to be a mere 30 minutes away from me next year and who knows about next summer...a Nashville apartment perhaps?! However long it takes to adjust my heart and mind to what God wants it to be I will be patient and anxiously awaiting the future!

No comments: