Saturday, July 12, 2008

This Is Me You're Talking To

To Whom It May Concern:

I know more than you think I do which makes it hurt even more when you give your explanation. I know what is a lie and what scant pieces are the truth. What do you want to accomplish here? Break my heart? Done. Make it impossible for me to trust you? Done. Make me feel worse about myself than I already did? Done. Who are you really? I would ask you in person, but I wouldn't believe your answer. You have wiped any lingering wishes to remain here from my mind. I have only one desire now, to be truly free of you and your influence. Am I that worthless that you can toss me around like a toy? Does the hurt in my eyes and the tears streaming down my cheeks not affect you in anyway? Oh, that's right. You never see those. You aren't there when I'm crying at night. When I'm alone in my room staring at the mirror picking out all the things wrong with me physically and contemplating those flaws I can't see. How much of our relationship was a lie really? Was it hard to suffer through all that time spent with me? You could have left a long time ago. It would have been easier for us both. I just thought you should know what is really happening behind the smile I flash you next time I see you.
...because I'll never say it.

No comments: