Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day of Solitude

I am enjoying a day of rest and peace trying to recover from the birthday festivities. Although the effects of mass food consumption tend to linger quite a while. That would probably explain my clothing choice of overalls. God bless'em they never feel snug ;)
My last entry hit quite a low note. Today I am thankful to say that God is blessing me with pleasant memories. My dad and the events surrounding his death are still on my mind, but on a pleasanter (if that is possible) note. I've been thinking about all the people who were there with me through it all. The ones I called and they cried with me. The ones who drove ridiculously far to be at his funeral. The ones who prayed more than I will ever know. The ones who stayed with me at night when I didn't want to be alone. They are all special to me. I realized that these same people were also there for me on my birthday, to celebrate with me. They got in their car and took off again just because they care. For any 20 year old that would mean a lot. But for me it means everything.

No comments: