Thursday, March 4, 2010

We Sing, We Dance, We Eat (way too much)

Since probably fourth grade I have been living to eat, instead of the right way around. My sophomore year in High School I finally got a hold of myself and my appetite. I lived the healthiest I ever have my freshman year in college, despite fourthmeal. The last eighteen months have understandably been the most emotional I have ever experienced. The catch is I'm living on my own right now and thus no one has any influence over my eating habits. I did pretty well for a while, but Reese's Cup Valentine hearts ruined that spree. Now there are Easter eggs. What do they want from me???!!! I was running several times a week in warmer weather, but the winter has interrupted that. Point in case...Spring break approacheth. Not far behind it is Summer. I've spent a lot of time here feeling isolated and depressed. BUT things are looking up. In two months I am moving to Nashville. Wholly and completely moving with my belongings and even my cat. I get to move in with one of the best friends I've ever had and one of the few friends who have stood by me through everything. A friend that I am extremely similar too.
The point of all of the above is this. My life is about to change pretty drastically. A new major. A new city. A new home. A new job. This is a second chance. Luckily for me I didn't have to nearly die to get it. I just got an opportunity to write ten articles every three months for suite101.com. New opportunities are coming up all over the place. So to my body and mind (particularly my appetite): the war is over. I will win. We will get fit. We will not leave cookies and chocolate alone, but it will not run our life.

No comments: