Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Titanic Aquatic

I am going to Atlanta on Thursday with a guy. A guy that I used to like even though I shouldn't have. This guy very recently, as in Sunday, told me that he just saw me as a friend (a family friend which some how makes it worse). Now I am torn between excitement and dread about the trip. I feel like we have a lot to say to each other. I feel like we both owe each other some explanations. The situation is further complicated by the fact he is leaving for Iraq on the 15th of this month. As long as I'm not face to face with him my feelings are that I hate he's going to war but we need the time apart. "This town is just too small for us to really say goodbye". I need him to leave me alone, let me be mad, let me be hurt, let me move on. Let me make it clear that I haven't just been following this guy around with puppy dog eyes while he told he was "just not that into me". For the past three months everything he has done has signaled to me I love you as more than a friend, but that wasn't the case. I know without a doubt that the relationship was never meant to be and God has been telling me to let it go for some time. I didn't listen so he had to do it for me. Overall I'm not going to let a friend go to war with any doubt that I care for him or with any doubt that I will move on now. If for some reason we don't return Thursday night send a search party. We are probably on the side of the road clawing each other's eyes out.

No comments: