Sunday, January 10, 2010

And So It Begins

Unfortunately, the new semester starts tomorrow morning at 9am. I have a different schedule this semester which does not permit such long weekends. As crappy as the beginning of the semester is seeming, the pros and cons are pretty even for me right now.
Cons
1) ASU's website says to be prepared for hazardous conditions all over campus, recommending "yak-trax" for shoes, and yet does not cancel or delay classes at all.
2) I have to replace my tires on my car. I love run-flats and they make me feel much better when I'm driving from state to state, but they cost an outrageous amount. The mini has to be left at home this week.
3) My classes, although my choice, are random and apply very little to my now intended major other than electives.
4) My advisor actually admitted he read my email, but was confused by it and did NOTHING to resolve the situation.
5) They begin showing my apartment the first of February which means no sneaking in the cat.

Pros
1) I got a new zero X-posure coat for Christmas. The weather in Dirty Mo has been too warm to wear it with the fleece layer. Wind chills below zero promise better days for the coat.
2) My brother has a pathfinder that he doesn't drive often. Therefore I get to master the snow in four wheel drive and take all of my clothes in one trip.
3) I picked my classes so if I don't like them it is my fault and no one elses.
4) After a five minute conversation my "advisor" caved and sent me my pin so I could register.
5) I AM GOING TO NASHVILLE IN JUNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus, I am able to begin this freezing Spring semester with a somewhat positive attitude. More time at my own place means I will eat better and exercise more. AND in less than 5 months I am done with ASU FOREVER.

No comments: