Friday, January 22, 2010

Definitely, Maybe

The past few weeks have brought some random occurrences into my life. The good news is I don't mean that negatively. My passion for writing which had lacked since Christmas has reignited. God is beginning to open a few doors. Now, I must wait. Wait for something to change. In the words of Dr. House, "It's one of the great tragedies of life. Something always changes." In my case, I'm looking forward to change. I'm at a place where I can simply sit back and enjoy the ride. I have a nondescript semester as far as my classes are concerned. I have the next few months to truly think about where I'm headed. It's a luxury that most people don't have when they go straight to college from high school. Matters of the heart are currently at my fingertips and heavy on my mind. I have resigned myself to be indifferent until there is at least a tiny bit of certainty. I learned from Charlotte Lucas that one must not be too indifferent to achieve Scarlett O'hara's goal "to catch a husband." Although somedays it seems like that is the game we are playing, I want to play the game of life and love. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose..."sometimes you turn your back to the wind." (You should always throw in lyrical references when possible.) I'm trying hard not to let my bad experiences define me, but to allow all my experiences to shape me. God, I know you are in control. Change my heart or change the situation. Direct me and point me to your ways. I really get lost without you.

No comments: