Saturday, January 2, 2010

Did You Hear About the Morgans?

Contrary to what the title may suggest, I will not be critiquing the above mentioned film. However, I did just go see it and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd rank it second to Two Weeks Notice (which is a pretty big deal).
This may just be a strange habit of mine, but I tend to analyze my own life and perspective while watching the movie. Most of the time I don't know I'm doing it until I walk out of the theater and realize I feel different than when I went in. I'm sure the movie makers would chalk that up to their films, but I don't see many truly life changing movies these days. Tonight when I entered I had no specific struggle or plan. I wasn't concocting a scheme of world domination. I just went to see a movie with a friend. When I got home I somehow ended up reading my first couple blogs. I started this right when I started college and there is a significant change between now and the "early years." The amazing part is that I am not negatively affected by said changes. I am actually encouraged.
There are, of course, the obvious points. I am a parent shorter than I ever expected to be at twenty. I am a year behind in school and enrolled at the one university I renounced for four years in high school. On any other day these considerations would weigh me down. Instead, I feel a sense of accomplishment in keeping my sanity. I don't like where I'm going to school, but I'm on my way somewhere else. And "else" keeps getting better everyday. Perhaps I am still on a friend high from Kindall and Nashville. Whatever the reason, I like it and I want it to stay this way. After all it is only the second day of the year. It would be such a shame to become negative so soon.

No comments: